Mine, in no particular order:
- Gardening – both at home and at our allotment
- Cooking – easy, homemade food preferably fresh from the garden above
- Crafting – sewing, knitting, weaving, crocheting, embroidering
- Reading – though a lot, lot less since I had children and now mainly non-fiction on the topics above
- Decorating – as in seasonally or organising
Some obviously more ‘of the moment’ than others and anyway my area of interest particular with craft tend to be focussed on older patterns and skills. I am for instance really interested in the Scandinavian weaving patterns, particularly the Norwegian and Swedish versions and really admire the tradition they’ve managed to maintain. More about this in another post. In another example, I actually love cross stitch embroidery but not the hip modern subversive type of cross stitch but the really old cross stitch samplers and scandinavian flower patterns from the 30s and 40s and 50s in Denmark created by Gerda Bengtsson, again more about this in another post.